Combining the low cost and simplicity of a manual brush with the guiding features and fresh feel of an electric, quip helps you stick to good habits in your oral care routine and helps to safely and effectively remove plaque and prevent and reduce gingivitis as proven by our American Dental Association Seal of Acceptance.
What actually makes a good brush?
Before comparing quip to other brushes, it’s essential to know what defines a “good toothbrush.” According to most dentists, the American Dental Association, and Consumer Reports (see our blog), the best brush is one you enjoy using, that feels comfortable, and guides a simple preventative routine. This “better brushing” goes back to the basics: brush your whole mouth gently and evenly for 2 minutes (twice daily), replace your brush head every 3 months, and visit your dentist every 6. Sticking to these good habits should have the biggest impact on oral health.
How does it compare?
Poor technique can be a problem with many electric brushes, with users believing the movements of the bristles do all the work, regardless of technique, which can lead to poor brushing technique and therefore poor dental hygiene. Since brushing too hard is already a big problem, this can also be made worse if incorrectly using a fast-moving bristle head.
The multi-mode mechanisms of these electrics can also comes with extra baggage: a larger, clunkier design, bulky charging stand, shorter battery and product life (due to overworked parts and locked-in batteries). And did we mention the high price point? r.
Positives we share:
- Soft bristles
- Moving bristles
- 2-minute built-in timer
- 30-second guiding pulses
Features we removed:
- Rotating head
- Charging stand (no extra wires or bulk)
- Bristle lifetime indicator (fresh ones auto-deliver)
- 8 cleaning modes (we kept the one you need)
- USB charging and Bluetooth connectivity
Improvements we made:
- Regular vibrating bristles for gentle brushing
- Ultra slim metal handle for extra grip and comfort
- Multi-use cover (wall mount, stand & travel case)
- Removable batteries for a longer-lasting brush
- Brush heads delivered on time every 3 months
- Starts at only $25 (way less than other electrics)