There’s no proven difference in how well a manual, gently or vigorously vibrating, or rotating toothbrush will clean when used correctly. quip helps to safely and effectively remove plaque and prevent and reduce gingivitis as proven by our American Dental Association Seal of Acceptance.
quip helps improve bad brushing habits:
- Many of us brush too hard and under 2 minutes
- 75% of us don't replace worn out brush heads
50% of us don't even brush twice a day
Misuse is a core problem of rotating electrics, which can do serious harm. Since brushing too hard is already a big problem, this is made even worse with an aggressive product. Another issue is assuming vibrations do all the cleaning for us, which can affect a proper brushing routine and increase the risk for serious dental issues.
The rotating mechanisms of these electrics also comes with extra baggage: a larger, clunkier design, bulky charging stand, shorter battery and product life (due to overworked parts and locked-in batteries). And did we mention the high price point? All in all, there’s a lot that could go wrong with these brushes, which are still not universally proven to clean better.
Positives we share:
- Soft bristles
- 2-minute built-in timer
- 30-second guiding pulses
Gimmicks we removed:
- Rotating head (may cause more harm than good)
- Charging stand (no extra wires or bulk)
- Bristle lifetime indicator (fresh ones auto-deliver)
- USB charging and Bluetooth connectivity
Improvements we made:
- Regular vibrating bristles for gentler brushing
- Ultra slim metal handle for extra grip and comfort
- Multi-use cover (wall mount, stand & travel case)
- Removable batteries for a longer-lasting brush
- Brush heads delivered on time every 3 months
- Starts at only $25 (way less than other electrics)