Losing baby teeth is normal for children. However, if your child loses a permanent tooth due to trauma, the tooth should be immediately placed back into the socket in the gums and held there until the dentist can look at it. If any tooth is pulled or torn from the gums (including baby teeth), it should be immediately examined by a dentist.
Articles in this section
- Are electric or sonic toothbrushes safe for kids?
- Can my child use quip if they have adult and baby teeth?
- Do kids need to change their brush head after they’re sick?
- Does breastfeeding or formula feeding make a difference?
- Should I supervise my kid when they brush?
- How do other health issues affect children's’ oral health?
- When should my kid start flossing or using mouthwash?
- How can I keep my kid from getting cavities?
- At what age do children need to get an adult brush?
- What should kids be eating for better oral health (diet)?