There may be some time between when a primary tooth falls out and a permanent tooth erupts. The only way to truly tell if a tooth is missing is with an x-ray taken by the dentist. In the case of missing or losing a primary tooth too early, your dentist may need to talk to you about space maintenance to make sure the permanent tooth has enough room to come in. Make sure to refer to your dentist with any questions.
Articles in this section
- Are electric or sonic toothbrushes safe for kids?
- Can my child use quip if they have adult and baby teeth?
- When should a kid start using an electric vs. manual?
- Does breastfeeding or formula feeding make a difference?
- Should I supervise my kid when they brush?
- How do other health issues affect children's’ oral health?
- When should my kid start flossing or using mouthwash?
- How can I keep my kid from getting cavities?
- At what age do children need to get an adult brush?
- What should kids be eating for better oral health (diet)?